- Biex mill-ġid igawdi kulħadd
- Qed isir studju… – Edward Scicluna – Ministru għall-Finanzi
- Inkomplu nwettqu l-viżjoni tagħna
- Riformi li jolqtu s-Suq
- State Aid
- Malta tinhareg mill-Procedura tad-Deficit Eccessiv
- X’Pensjoni se jkollok Għada?
- L-ekonomija qed tikber għax hawn l-istabilità
- Il-Kapital hu Essenzjali għat-Tkabbir Ekonomiku
- Lil hemm mill-Kliem Sabieħ għal Malta
- More Maltese Articles>>
- Opposition has ‘brainwashed’ everyone against €360 million loan guarantee
- Two-thirds of my time now spent fighting bureaucracy
- Our interest in Greek saga
- Private sector is driving force
- The ‘€400m discrepancy’
- Malta’s clean bill of health from Brussels
- Regaining Malta’s credibility
- Deficit aim ‘credible’
- From ‘good performer’ to laggard
- Cyprus: a lesson for life
- More English Articles>>
- DBRS maintain ‘a stable’ rating amidst an improving fiscal and economic situation
- ‘Il fuq minn 3,300 persuna jirċievu għotja fuq taxxa żejda kollha li ħallsu fuq il-vettura fl-2004
- Lejn kooperazzjoni akbar bejn id-dipartimenti tad-Dwana, tal-VAT u tat-Taxxi
- Decline in the deficit continues
- Economic Growth Rate has to keep growing Year after Year
- Creating the right environment for micro-enterprises to thrive
- Il-Proposti tal-MCESD għall-Baġit
- Public sector accounting system change will enhance accountability, credibility and transparency
- It-tribunal bis-setgħa li jitfa’ f’lista sewda impjegaturi li jirrikorru għall-prekarjat jidħol fis-seħħ illum
- Marked investors’ confidence reflected in foreign direct investment flows
- More Press Releases>>
Edward Scicluna re-elected as economic committee vice-chairman
Labour MEP Edward Scicluna is re-elected as vice-chairman of European economic committee and receives recognition as expert on statistics.
Labour MEP Edward Scicluna was re-elected as vice-chairman of the European Parliament’s Economic and Monetary Affairs committee at the mid-term point of the legislative term. British Liberal MEP Sharon Bowles remains Chairperson of the committee.
The economic committee has been responsible for legislation on financial regulation and economic governance, including the ‘six pack’ to improve the governance of the Eurozone.
Representing the Socialist group as a group spokesman on a range of dossiers related to the euro since being elected as an MEP in 2009, Scicluna also emerged as the Committee’s expert on statistics.
Scicluna is currently working on two dossiers on improving statistical governance.
“I am very pleased to have been re-elected to this important position with the support of the Socialist and Democrat group. The Economic Committee has been in the eye of the storm that has engulfed the Eurozone in the last year, and will continue to be the most influential legislative committee in the European Parliament.
“This is an important post for our country to hold as one of the most recent countries to adopt the euro, and I will ensure that our interests are safeguarded,” Scicluna said.
Monday 23 January 2012
- Finance Minister Scicluna at Eurogroup and ECOFIN meetings in Luxembourg
- Maison Demandols participates in Notte Bianca
- Minister Scicluna meets top HSBC official
- Finance Minister attends ceremony marking China’s Memorial Day
- Avviż dwar l-iskema ta’ eżenzjoni mit-taxxa għal min jixtri l-ewwel proprjetà
- Il-viżjoni tal-Gvern għal Għawdex qed tħalli l-frott
- Coordination, not harmonisation, is the way to go in tax matters
- Suċċessi ġodda fit-tkabbir ekonomiku
- Fitch Ratings bi previżjonijiet ekonomiċi u fiskali pożittivi għal Malta
- Ippreżentati ċ-ċertifikati ta’ Kontabilist Pubbliku Ċċertifikat u tal-Prattika fl-Awditjar
- More Latest News>>