- Inkomplu nwettqu l-viżjoni tagħna
- Riformi li jolqtu s-Suq
- State Aid
- Malta tinhareg mill-Procedura tad-Deficit Eccessiv
- X’Pensjoni se jkollok Għada?
- L-ekonomija qed tikber għax hawn l-istabilità
- Il-Kapital hu Essenzjali għat-Tkabbir Ekonomiku
- Lil hemm mill-Kliem Sabieħ għal Malta
- L-importanza tal-Kredibilita’
- Uzu aħjar tal-Propjeta’ mill-Anzjani
- More Maltese Articles>>
- Opposition has ‘brainwashed’ everyone against €360 million loan guarantee
- Two-thirds of my time now spent fighting bureaucracy
- Our interest in Greek saga
- Private sector is driving force
- The ‘€400m discrepancy’
- Malta’s clean bill of health from Brussels
- Regaining Malta’s credibility
- Deficit aim ‘credible’
- From ‘good performer’ to laggard
- Cyprus: a lesson for life
- More English Articles>>
- Marked investors’ confidence reflected in foreign direct investment flows
- Jingħata bidu għall-proċess ta’ konsultazzjoni ta’ qabel il-Baġit
- Positive Performance in Malta’s External Sector
- Private sector behind surge in employment
- Buoyant Revenue reflecting Economy’s Robust Growth
- Export Sector Regaining Strength
- Il-Ministru tal-Finanzi jiddiskuti l-ekonomija mal-voluntiera taċ-CHOGM
- It-titjib fil-finanzi pubbliċi jżomm ir-ritmu
- Finance Minister stresses importance of economic and financial stability
- Finance Minister welcomes Council’s decision to abrogate the EDP against Malta
- More Press Releases>>
Edward Scicluna re-elected as economic committee vice-chairman
Labour MEP Edward Scicluna is re-elected as vice-chairman of European economic committee and receives recognition as expert on statistics.
Labour MEP Edward Scicluna was re-elected as vice-chairman of the European Parliament’s Economic and Monetary Affairs committee at the mid-term point of the legislative term. British Liberal MEP Sharon Bowles remains Chairperson of the committee.
The economic committee has been responsible for legislation on financial regulation and economic governance, including the ‘six pack’ to improve the governance of the Eurozone.
Representing the Socialist group as a group spokesman on a range of dossiers related to the euro since being elected as an MEP in 2009, Scicluna also emerged as the Committee’s expert on statistics.
Scicluna is currently working on two dossiers on improving statistical governance.
“I am very pleased to have been re-elected to this important position with the support of the Socialist and Democrat group. The Economic Committee has been in the eye of the storm that has engulfed the Eurozone in the last year, and will continue to be the most influential legislative committee in the European Parliament.
“This is an important post for our country to hold as one of the most recent countries to adopt the euro, and I will ensure that our interests are safeguarded,” Scicluna said.
Monday 23 January 2012
- Fitch Ratings bi previżjonijiet ekonomiċi u fiskali pożittivi għal Malta
- Ippreżentati ċ-ċertifikati ta’ Kontabilist Pubbliku Ċċertifikat u tal-Prattika fl-Awditjar
- Minister Scicluna welcomes Eurogroup agreement on Greece
- Foreign News
- Il-Gvern mhu se joħroġ ebda flus mit-taxxi tal-poplu fuq il-garanzija bankarja ta’ €360 miljun
- Iċ-Ċifri dwar il-Finanzi Pubbliċi jikkonfermaw il-Kapaċità ta’ dan il-Gvern li jżomm mal-Impenji tiegħu
- Il-Gvern se jtejjeb l-inċentivi għan-Negozji tal-Familja
- Minister Scicluna inaugurates New Payment Solutions Company
- Il-Gvern iniedi l-Fond għall-Leave tal-Maternità kif imħabbar fl-aħħar Baġit
- Huawei’s presence will lead to future investment
- More Latest News>>