- Min jidħak l-Aħħar jidħak L-Aħjar
- Mexjin fuq ir-‘road map’
- L-istatistika taħt skrutinju
- Il-laqgħat tal-Fond Monetarju Internazzjonali u l-Bank Dinji
- Is-sostenibilità fiskali ta’ pajjiżna
- L-aspetti ewlenin tal-pensjonijiet
- It-teorema ta’ Ronald Coase
- Stabbiltà makro-ekonomika
- Nibqgħu sereni
- Il-pjan tagħna għat-tkabbir ekonomiku
- More Maltese Articles>>
- The ‘€400m discrepancy’
- Malta’s clean bill of health from Brussels
- Regaining Malta’s credibility
- Deficit aim ‘credible’
- From ‘good performer’ to laggard
- Cyprus: a lesson for life
- THE ECONOMY, PUBLIC FINANCE AND THE ELECTIONS
- Our Plan for Economic Growth
- Our surreal situation
- Government’s debt legacy
- More English Articles>>
- Fiscal Responsibility Act
- Pensjonijiet Stabbli huma biss possibbli permezz ta’ tkabbir Ekonomiku Sostenibbli
- Malta remains an Attractive Strategic Hub Destination for Companies Worldwide
- Standards & Poor’s tagħti previżjoni Stabbli għall-Gvern Stabbli
- Finance Minister participates in Concluding Session of National Risk Assessment Workshop
- L-anqas Rata ta’ Qgħad mill-2000 ‘l hawn: Malta t-tielet l-aqwa fl-Ewropa
- Il-Figuri tal-Finanzi tal-Gvern jirriflettu l-Pjan Imfassal fil-Baġit 2014
- Finance Minister Scicluna participates at the Eurogroup and Ecofin Meetings
- Public Contracts review board publishes case rulings for 2013
- Stronger Insurance sector through regulation and opportunities for growth
- More Press Releases>>
Edward Scicluna re-elected as economic committee vice-chairman
Labour MEP Edward Scicluna is re-elected as vice-chairman of European economic committee and receives recognition as expert on statistics.
Labour MEP Edward Scicluna was re-elected as vice-chairman of the European Parliament’s Economic and Monetary Affairs committee at the mid-term point of the legislative term. British Liberal MEP Sharon Bowles remains Chairperson of the committee.
The economic committee has been responsible for legislation on financial regulation and economic governance, including the ‘six pack’ to improve the governance of the Eurozone.
Representing the Socialist group as a group spokesman on a range of dossiers related to the euro since being elected as an MEP in 2009, Scicluna also emerged as the Committee’s expert on statistics.
Scicluna is currently working on two dossiers on improving statistical governance.
“I am very pleased to have been re-elected to this important position with the support of the Socialist and Democrat group. The Economic Committee has been in the eye of the storm that has engulfed the Eurozone in the last year, and will continue to be the most influential legislative committee in the European Parliament.
“This is an important post for our country to hold as one of the most recent countries to adopt the euro, and I will ensure that our interests are safeguarded,” Scicluna said.
Monday 23 January 2012
- Għajnejna fuq l-infiq u d-dħul, xahar b’xahar
- Malta u l-EBRD jesploraw Opportunitajiet għall-Koperazzjoni dwar proġetti ta’ Żvilupp fin-Nofsinhar u t-Tramuntana tar-Reġjun tal-Mediterran
- Minister for Finance addresses Faculty of Economics, Management and Accountancy Dean’s Awards Ceremony
- Seventy Seven Accountants and Auditors receive CPA and PCA Warrants and Certificates
- Minister for Finance Addresses the Economic and Financial Priorities of the Italian Presidency
- Courtesy Call from Commonwealth Deputy Secretary-General Deodat Maharaj
- Formalment inawgurat Branch Reġjonali tal-Uffiċċju tal-Istatistika Nazzjonali ġewwa Għawdex
- Sustained decline in unemployment
- Courtesy visit from ESMA Chairman Mr. Steven Maijoor
- Q&A Edward Scicluna – Minister for finance – The Report Company
- More Latest News>>