- Nisma’ u Nara lil Kulħadd
- Is-Settur Privat hu l-Mutur tal-Ekonomija u tal-Ħolqien tax-Xogħol
- L-indiċi tas-sentiment ekonomiku x’valur għandu?
- Jesploraw opportunitajiet għall-koperazzjoni
- Aktar trasparenza fil-finanzi pubbliċi
- Min jidħak l-Aħħar jidħak L-Aħjar
- Mexjin fuq ir-‘road map’
- L-istatistika taħt skrutinju
- Il-laqgħat tal-Fond Monetarju Internazzjonali u l-Bank Dinji
- Is-sostenibilità fiskali ta’ pajjiżna
- More Maltese Articles>>
- Private sector is driving force
- The ‘€400m discrepancy’
- Malta’s clean bill of health from Brussels
- Regaining Malta’s credibility
- Deficit aim ‘credible’
- From ‘good performer’ to laggard
- Cyprus: a lesson for life
- THE ECONOMY, PUBLIC FINANCE AND THE ELECTIONS
- Our Plan for Economic Growth
- Our surreal situation
- More English Articles>>
- Courtesy Call from the Ambassador of Spain H.E. José Pons
- Ippubblikat l-Abbozz tal-Baġit 2015
- Maltese government is committed to strengthening relations with France
- Government Committed to Continuity in Taxation
- Malta supports fully the European investment initiative
- Finance Minister briefs Senior Officials from Leading International Institutions during Washington Visit
- Government determined to ensure a level playing field
- Il-Gvern jissokta bl-impenn tal-Konsultazzjoni dwar il-Baġit 2015 mal-Imsieħba Soċjali fi ħdan l-MCESD
- Aktar minn 300 proposta separata għall-Baġit 2015 imressqa lill-Gvern mill-Imsieħba Soċjali fi ħdan l-MCESD
- Finance Minister meets with stakeholders during Pre Budget Consultation Business Breakfast
- More Press Releases>>
Edward Scicluna re-elected as economic committee vice-chairman
Labour MEP Edward Scicluna is re-elected as vice-chairman of European economic committee and receives recognition as expert on statistics.
Labour MEP Edward Scicluna was re-elected as vice-chairman of the European Parliament’s Economic and Monetary Affairs committee at the mid-term point of the legislative term. British Liberal MEP Sharon Bowles remains Chairperson of the committee.
The economic committee has been responsible for legislation on financial regulation and economic governance, including the ‘six pack’ to improve the governance of the Eurozone.
Representing the Socialist group as a group spokesman on a range of dossiers related to the euro since being elected as an MEP in 2009, Scicluna also emerged as the Committee’s expert on statistics.
Scicluna is currently working on two dossiers on improving statistical governance.
“I am very pleased to have been re-elected to this important position with the support of the Socialist and Democrat group. The Economic Committee has been in the eye of the storm that has engulfed the Eurozone in the last year, and will continue to be the most influential legislative committee in the European Parliament.
“This is an important post for our country to hold as one of the most recent countries to adopt the euro, and I will ensure that our interests are safeguarded,” Scicluna said.
Monday 23 January 2012
- Minister Scicluna addresses the Commonwealth Finance Ministers’ Meeting in Washington
- EY Quarterly Update
- Is-Semestru Ewropew: Lejn Finanzi Pubbliċi Sodi, Tkabbir Ekonomiku u Impjiegi
- DHL Life Science Dialogue in Malta, Xara Lodge
- “Fiscal consolidation must be accompanied by productive investment”
- Government as a Responsible Leader in Green Procurement
- 2,700 Children attending free childcare as government facilitates access to work for women
- Significant Employment Increases in sensitive sectors
- Qabda rekord ta’ 64 miljun sigarett tal-kuntrabandu f’disa’ kontejners ikonfiskati mid-Dwana ta’ Malta
- Għajnejna fuq l-infiq u d-dħul, xahar b’xahar
- More Latest News>>